U.S. considering housing immigrant children in tent cities on military bases. Photo: AFP
Washington, June 15 (RHC)-- In U.S. immigration news, McClatchy is reporting the Trump administration is considering building tent cities on Texas military bases to detain immigrant children being held in U.S. custody.
There are now more than 10,000 immigrant children being held in U.S. custody, as the Donald Trump administration continues its policy of separating children from their immigrant parents at the border as the families pursue asylum claims.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 980
- online: 193
- total: 6766798