Children separated from their parents. Photo: AFP
Washington, July 4 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Department of Health and Human Services is refusing to disclose how many migrant children separated from their parents at the border they are still holding.
Last week, HHS Secretary Alex Azar said 2,047 separated minors were still in the care of the Office of Refugee Resettlement. But the department has refused to give updated numbers even though the Trump administration is facing a July 10 court-imposed deadline to reunite all separated children under the age of five with their parents.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 3675
- online: 233
- total: 6664492