WSJ endorses far-Right Brazilian presidential candidate Bolsonaro. Photo: Google
Brasilia, October 12 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the newspaper The Wall Street Journal has endorsed Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, despite his long history of making racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments, as well as openly praising Brazil’s military dictatorship.
Using language that mirrored President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote: “Bolsonaro is best understood as a conservative populist who promises to make Brazil great for the first time. … He has attracted support from the middle class by pledging to reduce corruption, crack down on Brazil’s rampant crime and liberate entrepreneurs from government control” -- without referring to his openly fascist leanings.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 4879
- online: 130
- total: 6660746