WSJ endorses far-Right Brazilian presidential candidate Bolsonaro. Photo: Google
Brasilia, October 12 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the newspaper The Wall Street Journal has endorsed Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, despite his long history of making racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments, as well as openly praising Brazil’s military dictatorship.
Using language that mirrored President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote: “Bolsonaro is best understood as a conservative populist who promises to make Brazil great for the first time. … He has attracted support from the middle class by pledging to reduce corruption, crack down on Brazil’s rampant crime and liberate entrepreneurs from government control” -- without referring to his openly fascist leanings.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 22
- RHC's IMPERIALISM AND REVOLUTION August 22
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3721
- today: 2261
- online: 153
- total: 6277935