WSJ endorses far-Right Brazilian presidential candidate Bolsonaro. Photo: Google
Brasilia, October 12 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the newspaper The Wall Street Journal has endorsed Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, despite his long history of making racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments, as well as openly praising Brazil’s military dictatorship.
Using language that mirrored President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote: “Bolsonaro is best understood as a conservative populist who promises to make Brazil great for the first time. … He has attracted support from the middle class by pledging to reduce corruption, crack down on Brazil’s rampant crime and liberate entrepreneurs from government control” -- without referring to his openly fascist leanings.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3450
- today: 801
- online: 141
- total: 5756625