WSJ endorses far-Right Brazilian presidential candidate Bolsonaro. Photo: Google
Brasilia, October 12 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the newspaper The Wall Street Journal has endorsed Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, despite his long history of making racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments, as well as openly praising Brazil’s military dictatorship.
Using language that mirrored President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote: “Bolsonaro is best understood as a conservative populist who promises to make Brazil great for the first time. … He has attracted support from the middle class by pledging to reduce corruption, crack down on Brazil’s rampant crime and liberate entrepreneurs from government control” -- without referring to his openly fascist leanings.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 11624
- online: 157
- total: 7104337