WSJ endorses far-Right Brazilian presidential candidate Bolsonaro. Photo: Google
Brasilia, October 12 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the newspaper The Wall Street Journal has endorsed Brazil's right-wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, despite his long history of making racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments, as well as openly praising Brazil’s military dictatorship.
Using language that mirrored President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote: “Bolsonaro is best understood as a conservative populist who promises to make Brazil great for the first time. … He has attracted support from the middle class by pledging to reduce corruption, crack down on Brazil’s rampant crime and liberate entrepreneurs from government control” -- without referring to his openly fascist leanings.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1249
- online: 105
- total: 5957865