Montevideo, July 28 PL-RHC) -- Uruguay will open an embassy in Angola to deepen relations with that country and with all states in sub-Saharan Africa, an official source announced today.
A resolution of the government of President José Mujica provides that the decision was taken to formalize bilateral relations driven by developed mutual interest in the last decade.
This is to strengthen diplomatic, political, economic and cooperation ties, especially after the establishment of some Angolan direct investment in the productive sector of Uruguay, the resolution says.
It also indicates that the Uruguayan production is complementary to the model of the Angolan economy, which allows to identify and promote interesting lines of future work.
In addition, Alvaro Enrique González Otero was appointed as Uruguay's ambassador to Angola. Both countries established diplomatic relations on March 6, 1987.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 3436
- online: 165
- total: 8263820