Athens, May 27 (RHC)-- The Italian coast guard says at least 20 people have drowned trying to cross the Mediterranean, while the coast guard rescued more than 4,000 additional people in recent hours.
This comes as Greek officials have bulldozed the Idomeni refugee camp on the border near Macedonia. Authorities began forcibly removing thousands of refugees from the Idomeni camp earlier this week. The camp had been the site of frequent protests over Macedonia’s decision to close its border.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1511
- online: 133
- total: 5035406