Caracas, June 1 (RHC-teleSUR)-- Demonstrators in Caracas are expressing their opposition to the Organization of American States' use of the Democratic Charter against Venezuela.
A march by transport workers in support of President Nicolas Maduro has turned into a massive rejection of interference by the Organization of American States in Venezuela's internal affairs.
Several thousand bus drivers, motorbike couriers, subway staff and others had organized their demonstration in defense of the Bolivarian revolution and its policies on public transport. But the march through Caracas was soon overtaken by the news that the Secretary General of the OAS, Luis Almagro, had invoked the organization's Democratic Charter against Venezuela.
At a rally outside the Miraflores Presidential Palace at the end of the march, several transportation workers spoke against the move. Others appeared with mock coffins and the name "Luis Almagro" written on the side.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3324
- today: 2633
- online: 100
- total: 4826464