Caracas, June 1 (RHC-teleSUR)-- Demonstrators in Caracas are expressing their opposition to the Organization of American States' use of the Democratic Charter against Venezuela.
A march by transport workers in support of President Nicolas Maduro has turned into a massive rejection of interference by the Organization of American States in Venezuela's internal affairs.
Several thousand bus drivers, motorbike couriers, subway staff and others had organized their demonstration in defense of the Bolivarian revolution and its policies on public transport. But the march through Caracas was soon overtaken by the news that the Secretary General of the OAS, Luis Almagro, had invoked the organization's Democratic Charter against Venezuela.
At a rally outside the Miraflores Presidential Palace at the end of the march, several transportation workers spoke against the move. Others appeared with mock coffins and the name "Luis Almagro" written on the side.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1242
- online: 166
- total: 3854066