Margarita Island, September 19 (RHC)-- President Raúl Castro reaffirmed Cuba's support for and solidarity with the cause of the Palestinian People. Raúl met Sunday in Venezuela with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, on the sidelines of the 17th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement on Margarita Island.
Addressing the forum, the Cuban president said that it is 'unacceptable' that the Palestinian people are still today the victims of foreign occupation. He also condemned Israel for continuing to block the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
While in Venezuela, President Raúl Castro fulfilled a packed agenda that included separate meetings with other participating world leaders, among them Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari and the President of the Supreme People's Assembly of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea Kim Yong-nam.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2781
- online: 114
- total: 4841225