Margarita Island, September 19 (RHC)-- President Raúl Castro reaffirmed Cuba's support for and solidarity with the cause of the Palestinian People. Raúl met Sunday in Venezuela with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, on the sidelines of the 17th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement on Margarita Island.
Addressing the forum, the Cuban president said that it is 'unacceptable' that the Palestinian people are still today the victims of foreign occupation. He also condemned Israel for continuing to block the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
While in Venezuela, President Raúl Castro fulfilled a packed agenda that included separate meetings with other participating world leaders, among them Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari and the President of the Supreme People's Assembly of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea Kim Yong-nam.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2543
- online: 173
- total: 3855367