Havana, December 7 (RHC)-- Nobel Economics Prize laureate in 2001 Joseph Stiglitz said in Havana that Cuba is on the right track towards development.
Stiglitz delivered a lecture Tuesday in Havana on technological changes, theory of progress and globalization. The U.S. scholar is in Cuba, invited by the National Association of Economists and the Ministry for Foreign Trade and Investment.
In his lecture, the U.S. economist assured that economic development goes hand in hand with high levels of education, and praised the priority Cuba grants to professional training in all economic and social sectors.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 3860
- online: 210
- total: 6664677