Havana, December 7 (RHC)-- Nobel Economics Prize laureate in 2001 Joseph Stiglitz said in Havana that Cuba is on the right track towards development.
Stiglitz delivered a lecture Tuesday in Havana on technological changes, theory of progress and globalization. The U.S. scholar is in Cuba, invited by the National Association of Economists and the Ministry for Foreign Trade and Investment.
In his lecture, the U.S. economist assured that economic development goes hand in hand with high levels of education, and praised the priority Cuba grants to professional training in all economic and social sectors.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3334
- online: 83
- total: 4381320