Havana, December 7 (RHC)-- Nobel Economics Prize laureate in 2001 Joseph Stiglitz said in Havana that Cuba is on the right track towards development.
Stiglitz delivered a lecture Tuesday in Havana on technological changes, theory of progress and globalization. The U.S. scholar is in Cuba, invited by the National Association of Economists and the Ministry for Foreign Trade and Investment.
In his lecture, the U.S. economist assured that economic development goes hand in hand with high levels of education, and praised the priority Cuba grants to professional training in all economic and social sectors.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 840
- online: 97
- total: 4835493