Havana, December 7 (RHC)-- Nobel Economics Prize laureate in 2001 Joseph Stiglitz said in Havana that Cuba is on the right track towards development.
Stiglitz delivered a lecture Tuesday in Havana on technological changes, theory of progress and globalization. The U.S. scholar is in Cuba, invited by the National Association of Economists and the Ministry for Foreign Trade and Investment.
In his lecture, the U.S. economist assured that economic development goes hand in hand with high levels of education, and praised the priority Cuba grants to professional training in all economic and social sectors.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1402
- online: 178
- total: 3835372