Havana, December 7 (RHC)-- Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Abelardo Moreno has welcomed the decision adopted Tuesday by the EU Council on Economic and Financial Affairs to sign a political dialogue and cooperation agreement with Cuba.
Moreno said the Council decision allows for the repeal of the so-called Common Position adopted by the European block in 1996, and which Cuba rejected from the beginning.
The Cuban deputy foreign minister said repealing the punitive, anti-Cuba stance is essential to advance towards normal bilateral ties, based on equity, reciprocity and mutual respect.
The signing ceremony of the political dialogue and cooperation agreement between the EU and Cuba will take place Monday, December 12th in Brussels, Belgium. EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini will represent of the European block and Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez will represent Cuba.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 8225
- online: 260
- total: 7371688