Susely Morfa, Leader of the Young Communist League
Havana, December 28 (RHC/acn)-- The Cuban Parliament elected 34-year Susely Morfa, leader of the Young Communist League, as a new member of the country's Council of State.
Parliament official Ermela Garcia said the action acknowledges the active role being played by young people and their leaders in the new social and economic model of Cuban society. Susely Morfa has led the Communist youth organization since July this year.
She was elected to the Council of State with 100 percent of all 564 votes. The Council of States with 31 members represents Parliament in-between sessions and implements its accords, along with other functions established by the Cuban Constitution.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 3865
- online: 187
- total: 3852478