Susely Morfa, Leader of the Young Communist League
Havana, December 28 (RHC/acn)-- The Cuban Parliament elected 34-year Susely Morfa, leader of the Young Communist League, as a new member of the country's Council of State.
Parliament official Ermela Garcia said the action acknowledges the active role being played by young people and their leaders in the new social and economic model of Cuban society. Susely Morfa has led the Communist youth organization since July this year.
She was elected to the Council of State with 100 percent of all 564 votes. The Council of States with 31 members represents Parliament in-between sessions and implements its accords, along with other functions established by the Cuban Constitution.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 390
- online: 62
- total: 4924693