Havana, June 13 (RHC-PL)-- António da Conceição, Minister of State, Coordinator of Social Affairs and Education Minister of Timor-Leste, arrived in Cuba on Monday for an official visit that ends Thursday.
According to a press release, the delegation from Timor-Leste will hold meetings with Cuban authorities, aimed at strengthening friendship, solidarity and cooperation links.
Existing agreements in sectors like public health and education have provided for over a thousand young people from Timor-Leste to complete university studies here in Cuba.
The figure of Cuban-trained graduates is significant since the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste has a population of only 1.3 million inhabitants.
Cuba and Timor-Leste are this year celebrating 15 years of diplomatic relations, which were formally established just as Timor-Leste became independent on May 20, 2002.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1111
- online: 112
- total: 4950775