Brussels, June 26 (RHC)-- Union leaders from 13 countries representing the five continents, gathered at the Brussels International Trade Union Meeting, reiterated their solidarity with the Cuban people and demanded an end to the criminal U.S. blockade against the island.
The statement comes in response to the recent statements by U.S. President Donald Trump, who promised to tighten blockade regulations against the Caribbean state, thus dealing a serious blow to the rapprochement between the two nations.
Participants in the Brussels union meeting denounced the illegal occupation of the portion of Cuban territory in Guantánamo by a U.S. naval base since 1903, and demanded its immediate return to its legitimate owners --the Cuban people.
With the slogan “Stop the blockade policies against Cuba – Return the Guantánamo territory to the Cuban people,” the affiliates to the World Federation of Trade Unions agreed to launch an international campaign with a view to mobilizing people across the world in this effort.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 3023
- online: 108
- total: 5547447