Mexico City, October 24 (RHC)-- The Cuban medical brigade which traveled to Mexico to assist victims of the massive earthquake that struck the country on September 7th has already treated over 6,500 patients in Tehuantepec, in the State of Oaxaca.
The Cuban health professionals are members of the Henry Reeve International Brigade of Doctors Specialized in Emergencies and Disaster Situations.
Created back in 2005 by then Cuban President Fidel Castro, the brigade has fulfilled internationalist missions in some 20 nations.
In fulfilling their current mission, the Cuban health professionals have performed the first two neurosurgeries ever carried out in that Mexican region.
The 40 strong Cuban brigade in Oaxaca has the support of local volunteer doctors, among them neurosurgeon Germán Luis, who studied medicine here in Cuba.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Fidel Castro’s concept of Revolution and Cuba's New Constitution
- Donald Trump renews national maritime emergency regarding Cuba
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Eight years of hell in Libya
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3857
- today: 2649
- online: 131
- total: 5670899