Havana, October 26 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas met Thursday in Beijing with Wang Yi, China's State Councilor for Foreign Affairs, as part of his working visit to the Asian country.
During the cordial exchange, both sides exchanged on the progress of bilateral relations and noted with satisfaction that the sustained exchange of high-level visits has consolidated the dialogue and mutual political trust.
They also expressed both governments' determination to further strengthen bilateral ties, based on equality, mutual respect and reciprocal benefit.
Yi also stressed that President Xi Jinping attaches great importance to the upcoming state visit to China by President Miguel Díaz-Canel, which, he said, will allow him to continue the path traveled and long-term project relations between China and Cuba.
He also reiterated China's support for Cuba in its just struggle for the defense of national sovereignty and described the friendship between both countries as indestructible.
Cabrisas emphasized that Cuba welcomes with sympathy China's Belt and Road Initiative and its expansion to include also Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Cuban Vice President also thanked the unchanging position of the Chinese government, together with the vast majority of the international community, against the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11930
- today: 5592
- online: 190
- total: 7121873