Marcelino Moreno meets Michelle Bachelet in Geneva
Havana, February 28 (RHC)-- Cuban first deputy-miunister of Foreign Affairs, Marcelino Medina, met with the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Michelle Bachelet in Switzerland on Wednesday.
The meeting was held in the High Level Segment of the 40th regular session of the Human Rights Council at the Palais des Nations unhderway in Geneva.
According to diplomatic sources,the parties expressed their willingness to maintain a respectful and constructive dialogue between Cuba and the Office of the High Commissioner. Meanwhile, they stressed the importance of working for the promotion and protection of all human rights for all on a non-discriminatory basis.
Medina thanked he High Commissioner and former president of Chile for the work to date, and reiterated Cuba’s willingness to continue supporting the fulfilling of her mandate.
During the day, Medina also met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia, Retno Marsudi, with whom he agreed on the existing potential to develop bilateral cooperation.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2426
- online: 119
- total: 5956032