Havana , February 28 (RHC)—Cuban president, Miguel Díaz-Canel, has advocated for collective thinking to boost the economy, through ideas that may lead to transformation and progress.
In the annual meeting to take stock of the work of the Ministry of Economy and Planning, the President warned that an immediate response is needed amidst a complex scenario, characterized by the reinforcement of the US blockade.
He urged listening to those who know more and approaching research centers and universities in order to promote innovation.
He also stressed urgency in promoting exports and encouraging foreign investment so that the Cuban economy can grow.
In addition, he insisted that these areas, together with tourism and the non-state sector, are key to improve the island´s economy.
The Cuban leader also reiterated the country's commitment to computerizing society, the replacement of imports and the for the short term achievement of alternatives to overcome the shortage of financial resources.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 28 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6447
- today: 6138
- online: 203
- total: 8046125