Santa Clara, August 1 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel met on Wednesday in the central city of Santa Clara with relatives of Dr. Landy Rodriguez, one of the two Cuban medical doctors kidnapped in Kenya.
"In Santa Clara we met and talked with the family of Dr. Landy Rodriguez Hernåndez. We conveyed to them encouragement and affection in such a difficult situation. A working and humble family that we should all support," the Cuban leader wrote on his Twitter account.
Last week, Diaz canel met in Bayamo with relatives of Assel Herrera, the other hijacked medical doctor.
On several occasions, the Cuban Government has reiterated that it is working tirelessly and in coordination with Kenya and Somalia for the return of Rodriguez and Assel Herrera.
Both Cuban professionals were abducted on April 12th, 2019 in Mandera County, Kenya. Assel Herrera is a specialist in General Medicine from Las Tunas province, while Landy Rodriguez is a specialist in Surgery from Villa Clara province.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3413
- online: 156
- total: 6635160