Luanda, April 15 (RHC) – World Health Organization representative for Africa, Luis Gomez Sambo, said in Luanda, Angola, that international medical cooperation with Africa, especially the Cuban initiative, has been important and very useful for the continent.
Most specialists who come from Cuba work in the clinical area and they play a very significant role in improving the health of our people,” said Gomez in statements to Prensa Latina news agency.
The official highlighted health promotion and protection through prevention actions as important components in the region.
Cuban authorities say that prospects for medical collaboration are favored by the experience accumulated through more than 50 years and this is crucial for the training of new human resources.
The WHO official is attending the first meeting of African Health Ministers in Luanda underway until Thursday.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 765
- online: 182
- total: 4108493