Luanda, April 15 (RHC) – World Health Organization representative for Africa, Luis Gomez Sambo, said in Luanda, Angola, that international medical cooperation with Africa, especially the Cuban initiative, has been important and very useful for the continent.
Most specialists who come from Cuba work in the clinical area and they play a very significant role in improving the health of our people,” said Gomez in statements to Prensa Latina news agency.
The official highlighted health promotion and protection through prevention actions as important components in the region.
Cuban authorities say that prospects for medical collaboration are favored by the experience accumulated through more than 50 years and this is crucial for the training of new human resources.
The WHO official is attending the first meeting of African Health Ministers in Luanda underway until Thursday.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 705
- online: 125
- total: 5030976