Luanda, April 15 (RHC) – World Health Organization representative for Africa, Luis Gomez Sambo, said in Luanda, Angola, that international medical cooperation with Africa, especially the Cuban initiative, has been important and very useful for the continent.
Most specialists who come from Cuba work in the clinical area and they play a very significant role in improving the health of our people,” said Gomez in statements to Prensa Latina news agency.
The official highlighted health promotion and protection through prevention actions as important components in the region.
Cuban authorities say that prospects for medical collaboration are favored by the experience accumulated through more than 50 years and this is crucial for the training of new human resources.
The WHO official is attending the first meeting of African Health Ministers in Luanda underway until Thursday.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 2492
- online: 110
- total: 4488344