Havana, November 10 (RHC)--The Government of Cuba has strongly denounced the coup d'état underway against the legitimate president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, and urged the sectors involved in the attempt to stop this dangerous maneuver.
In a declaration, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, called on the international community to take the side of legality and peace, in observance of international law and the postulates of the Proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace, and to condemn the coup attempt of imperialism and the oligarchy.
The document expressed the support to the call of the Bolivian dignitary, who summoned the political forces to a dialogue table for the peace of the country, at the same time that he urged the organizers of the violent protests to a deep reflection, and the people to mobilize to defend democracy.
Also,it recalled that last October 20, on an election day characterized by broad popular participation, the Bolivian people elected Evo Morales as president of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
"Evo's historic victory against the maneuvers of the internal and regional right, Imperialism and an intense media war, is also a triumph for the entire Great Homeland," the declaration pointed out.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4179
- online: 173
- total: 6738412