Havana, April 18 (RHC) -- Cuban Vice President and Second Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, José Ramón Machado Ventura, held a meeting with the visiting head of the Guasu Front political party and former president of Paraguay, Fernando Lugo, on Thursday in Havana.
During the meeting, both leaders expressed their willingness to continue strengthening friendly links between their parties.
Machado Ventura briefed the Paraguayan senator about the ongoing implementation of the socio-economic reforms approved by the 6th Congress of the Communist Party of Cuba and the First Conference of that organization.
Lugo, who is on a visit to Cuba leading a party delegation at the invitation of the Cuban Communist Party, updated his host on the current situation of his party. They also discussed other important issues, according to a report by the Cuban news agency Prensa Latina.
Also attending the meeting were the General Secretary of the Guasu Front, Anibal Carrillo, and member of the Secretariat and Head of Cuban Communist Party's International Relations Department, Jose Ramon Balaguer.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 2737
- online: 123
- total: 5262265