Santiago of Cuba, July 26 (RHC)-- At the historic Sentry Post Number 3 of the former Moncada Barracks, the Municipal Assembly of People's Power in Santiago de Cuba granted the status of Illustrious Son of the City to Army General Raúl Castro Ruz, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba.
In the ceremony of remembrance on Sunday of the Heroes and Martyrs of July 26th, Commander of the Revolution Ramiro Valdés Menéndez received the most important distinction granted by the government of the eastern city on behalf of Raul.
Yaneidis Hechavarría, President of the Municipal Assembly, highlighted the revolutionary record of the Army General and his affection for Santiago de Cuba and the relevant performance in the multiple tasks for the Homeland and the Revolution.
In homage, students and young people from Santiago took a roll call of those killed during the attack, as well as those who were tortured and murdered after the assault on the Moncada Garrison 67 years ago..
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 3, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6638
- today: 4738
- online: 238
- total: 8462166