Havana, February 23 (RHC)-- On Monday, the United States Department of the Treasury imposed a $614,250 fine on the French oil group CGG Services S.A. for violating regulations of Washington's blockade against Cuba.
According to the Office for Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), CGG Services S.A. and several of its subsidiaries provided services, spare parts and equipment of U.S. origin for oil and gas prospecting to vessels operating in Cuban waters between 2010 and 2011, the Cuban website Cubasi has reported.
The report adds that the Venezuelan subsidiary of CGG Services S.A. in the United States carried out five transactions related to the processing of information for seismic research, conducted by a Cuban entity in the country's Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez leads Cuban delegation to Ibero-American Summit in Guatemala
- Fidel's legacy is of paramount importance for Cuba's foreign policy and international relations amongst States
- Statement by the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Public debate on draft Constitution concludes
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3311
- today: 1899
- online: 133
- total: 5342141