Havana, February 23 (RHC)-- On Monday, the United States Department of the Treasury imposed a $614,250 fine on the French oil group CGG Services S.A. for violating regulations of Washington's blockade against Cuba.
According to the Office for Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), CGG Services S.A. and several of its subsidiaries provided services, spare parts and equipment of U.S. origin for oil and gas prospecting to vessels operating in Cuban waters between 2010 and 2011, the Cuban website Cubasi has reported.
The report adds that the Venezuelan subsidiary of CGG Services S.A. in the United States carried out five transactions related to the processing of information for seismic research, conducted by a Cuban entity in the country's Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2664
- online: 125
- total: 6063742