Havana, February 23 (RHC)-- On Monday, the United States Department of the Treasury imposed a $614,250 fine on the French oil group CGG Services S.A. for violating regulations of Washington's blockade against Cuba.
According to the Office for Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), CGG Services S.A. and several of its subsidiaries provided services, spare parts and equipment of U.S. origin for oil and gas prospecting to vessels operating in Cuban waters between 2010 and 2011, the Cuban website Cubasi has reported.
The report adds that the Venezuelan subsidiary of CGG Services S.A. in the United States carried out five transactions related to the processing of information for seismic research, conducted by a Cuban entity in the country's Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 2134
- online: 150
- total: 5858244