Santiago de Cuba, February 25 (RHC)— On Wednesday, floral wreaths were laid on behalf of Cuban President Raúl Castro and Revolution leader Fidel Castro at the mausoleum honoring National Hero José Martí, in Santiago de Cuba's Santa Ifigenia cemetery.
The tribute marked the 121st anniversary of the resumption of Cuba's independence war on February 24th, 1895.
Workers, students, veteran combatants of the Cuban Revolution and Santiago residents participated in the tribute, during which wreaths were also laid on behalf of the Councils of State and Ministers.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 4569
- online: 125
- total: 6655634