Renowned Cuban declaimer and musician, Luis Carbonell, also known as "the Watercolorist of Antillean Poetry”, passed away in Havana at the age of 90.
Born on July 26th, 1923, in Santiago de Cuba, Carbonell stood out for his unique way of saying poetry, and as a trainer of singers and repertoire expert with solid knowledge on the work with solo singers, to whom he accompanied as a pianist. He received the National Music and Humor Awards in 2003, plus other national and international prizes and recognitions.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Raúl and Díaz-Canel at the Ministry of the Interior's 60th anniversary
- Former Bolivian minister asks for political asylum in the United States
- Mexico donates anti-virus vaccines to Latin American countries
- Former Ecuadorian president denounced for supporting coup d'état in Bolivia
- U.S. blockade affects the private sector in Cuba