Renowned Cuban declaimer and musician, Luis Carbonell, also known as "the Watercolorist of Antillean Poetry”, passed away in Havana at the age of 90.
Born on July 26th, 1923, in Santiago de Cuba, Carbonell stood out for his unique way of saying poetry, and as a trainer of singers and repertoire expert with solid knowledge on the work with solo singers, to whom he accompanied as a pianist. He received the National Music and Humor Awards in 2003, plus other national and international prizes and recognitions.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- J&J spinoff company faces talcum powder cancer lawsuits
- Ed Snowden says: If you love truth, you're as much of a criminal as Julian Assange
- UN chief warns world on one way ticket to disaster over climate
- Nicaragua receives 1.2 million Cuban anticoviral vaccines
- World remembers illegal U.S. invasion of Grenada 38 years ago