The long awaited Carnival of Havana kicked off today with traditional floats, parades and streets dancers.
The traditional popular parties are long awaited by thousands of people throughout the year, willing to enjoy the event’s colorful shows. Streets dancers companies on hand at the carnival include La Jardinera, la Giraldilla de La Habana, Guaracheros de Regla, Los Marqueses de Atarés and El Alacrán.
Musicians and bands participating in the popular fiestas, scheduled for August 8-10 and 15-17, include the bands Adalberto Alvarez y Su Son, and the emblematic “conga” band Tambores de Bejucal, taking part as part of the Villa de San Cristóbal de la Habana Project. Tambores de Bejucal has received several awards in 50 years and has also performed in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Havana prepares to begin the first stage of mass vaccination against COVID-19
- 60th anniversary of Cuban airport bombings commemorated
- Cuba reports 1026 new COVID-19 cases, twelve deaths
- Díaz-Canel elected the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses confidence in Cuba´s future