The National Art Teaching Award was granted to renowned pianist and piano professor, Alicia Perea, in recognition of her dedication to the formation and training of the new generations of artists and art professionals in Cuba.
Founder of the National Art School in 1962, Alicia Perea directed that prestigious art educational center for 16 years, where she also worked as a pianist teacher. In 1987 Perea directed the Cuban Culture Ministry’s Music Division and the Cuban Music Institute. A Member of Honor of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association, UNEAC, Perea has received the Alejo Carpentier and Rafael María de Mendive Medals, the Juan Marinello Order, the National Culture Distinction and the Raúl Gómez García Medal. She obtained the Special Cubadisco Award for her Album Cuban Piano Composers of the 20th Century.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Mass vaccination against Covid-19 in Cuba unstoppable
- Miguel Angel Lopez celebrates with the Sada Cruzeiro team
- Peace of the Peoples Award to the Henry Reeve Contingent of Cuba
- UNICEF warns one million Afghan children face severe malnutrition
- More than 91,000 migrants crossed perilous Darien Gap this year