Daniel Rodríguez was the First Prize winner at the “Young Musicians Awards” in Portugal with his performance of Concert No. 5 Emperor by Ludwig van Beethoven.
The competition, considered the most important such national event in Portugal, is sponsored by the TV channels RTP and Antena 2. It includes various musical instruments in which winners such as the young Cuban pianist will compete at the Grand Finals in September for the Young Musician of the Year Award, accompanied by the prestigious Gulbenkian Symphony.
The young pianist was accompanied by his father, renowned Cuban pianist and Tchaikovsky Award Laureate, Victor Rodríguez, who is currently teaching in Portugal.
Rodriguez was trained at the Cuban music schools Alejandro García Caturla and Amadeo Roldán. In 2014 he finished his medium-professional level studies with Professor Pedro Burmester at the Esphino Professional Music School in Portugal.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Bolivia denounces 36 more involved in 2019 coup against Evo Morales
- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel speaks at the commemoration of the start of Mexico's war of independence
- North Africa COVID cases plummeting after summer spike
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao to run for president of the Philippines in 2022
- Cuba will seek recognition of its anti-viral vaccines at WHO on Thursday