Pinar del Río, September 16 (RHC)-- Granma newspaper reports that the first Vice-President of the Council of State and Ministers, Salvador Valdés Mesa, visited recently a plant in Pinar del Río dedicated to the using of rice residuals to generate energy.
Managers and specialists explained the new equipment, which saves some 240 tons of diesel, and it eliminates the environmental problem of the residual waste. Valdés Mesa also visited a grain processing plant in the province. He pointed out the need to become increasingly rational in the use of resources in production.
Since the adoption of the new social and economic model of 2012, it is common for high members of the government to visit factories, plants, and other places of work, in order to evaluate the work and to exhort the workers to strive for more efficient forms of production, with the goal of more fully responding to the material needs of the population and building a prosperous socialism.
By Charles McKelvey
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 29, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 28, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6057
- today: 4352
- online: 165
- total: 8252982