The library of the Havana based Casa de las Américas cultural institution received a donation of digital archives that treasure part of the audiovisual work by documentary makers Estela and Ernesto Bravo.
During the ceremony at the institution’s Manuel Galich room, Estela and Ernesto will be honored with a screening of the documentary Conversando con García Márquez sobre su amigo Fidel (Talking with García Márquez about his friend Fidel).
NYU representatives were on hand at the ceremony, including the New York institution’s Library Dean, Carol A. Mandel, and Angela M. Carreño, director of development of collections and bibliographers for Latin America.
Estela and Ernesto Bravo are closely linked to the work of Casa de las Américas, and most of their videos and documentary show important moments in the history of Cuba, Latin America and the world. The copies that Casa de las Américas received are part of an archive restoration project in which NYU is involved.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 2260
- online: 111
- total: 4380246