Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Teori Zavascki
Brasilia, January 20 (RHC)-- A plane carrying Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Teori Zavascki, who was overseeing a massive corruption investigation, crashed into the sea off the coast of Rio de Janeiro state on Thursday, a judicial source said.
The small aircraft left Sao Paulo and crashed into the sea near the tourist town of Paraty, airforce and civil aviation sources said.
A press representative for the Supreme Court of Brazil had earlier told Reuters that Zavascki was on the passenger list for the flight, but several hours passed before it was confirmed that the judge was onboard and was killed in the crash.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1900
- online: 88
- total: 4379886