Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Teori Zavascki
Brasilia, January 20 (RHC)-- A plane carrying Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Teori Zavascki, who was overseeing a massive corruption investigation, crashed into the sea off the coast of Rio de Janeiro state on Thursday, a judicial source said.
The small aircraft left Sao Paulo and crashed into the sea near the tourist town of Paraty, airforce and civil aviation sources said.
A press representative for the Supreme Court of Brazil had earlier told Reuters that Zavascki was on the passenger list for the flight, but several hours passed before it was confirmed that the judge was onboard and was killed in the crash.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 4010
- online: 153
- total: 6622107