Seoul, July 7 (RHC)-- In the Sea of Japan, South Korean jets and warships fired a barrage of missiles Thursday in a major live-fire exercise that came just two days after North Korea successfully tested a new intercontinental ballistic missile.
At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary James Mattis said the ICBM test didn’t mean the U.S. is closer to war with North Korea. The statement contradicted Donald Trump’s comment earlier in the day that he’s considering "pretty severe things" in response to North Korea’s missile test.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 1775
- online: 163
- total: 6749156