Berlin, November 16 (RHC)-- A German newspaper has published the names of over 33,000 migrants and refugees who have died attempting to reach Europe since 1993.
The German paper Der Tagesspiegel published the list on the anniversary of the Kristallnacht, when German Nazis launched a wave of violent anti-Jewish pogroms.
According to the U.N. International Organization for Migration, 2016 was the deadliest year to date for migrants attempting to reach Europe, with more than 5,000 deaths. Another 3,000 people have died so far this year.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 402
- online: 151
- total: 6656269