Tijuana, November 26 (RHC)-- Hundreds of migrants with the Central American caravan on Sunday came to the San Ysidro border crossing point to request US asylum but a number of them broke away from the main body to try and cross the border wall at other points.
US border police fired tear gas to drive them away, the journalists said.
After the incident, the US government temporarily closed the border at the San Ysidro Port of Entry between San Diego and Tijuana.
Meanwhile, on the Mexican side there were several confrontations between the migrants and security forces.
Tijuana police said they arrested 39 people in connection with the attempt to cross the border illegally.
Those identified as trying to rush the US border illegally will be processed for deportation in their home countries, Mexico's Interior Ministry said.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3880
- today: 1818
- online: 128
- total: 6146849