Caracas, August 16 (RHC)-- Dialogue with the members of the opposition in Venezuela will resume as soon as a system that guarantees peace and respect is established, said Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza on Thursday.
"We have not withdrawn from the dialogue process, it is temporarily suspended. We will reactivate it with a new mechanism that guarantees peace and coexistence," the top diplomat said.
President Nicolas Maduro’s administration commitment to dialogue will be maintained and Arreaza’s confirmation comes as an international campaign — #NoMoreTrump (#NoMasTrump) was launched August 10 to collect signatures rejecting the blockade imposed by the U.S. government. The minister said: "We [Venezuelans] will deliver millions of signatures to the United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres.”
Earlier this week, the Venezuelan head of state announced that at least one million people had signed the petition across the country. He also took the opportunity to thank the social movements that have joined the petition campaign in countries such as Germany, Brazil, Portugal, China, Russia, France, Bolivia, among others.
Trump signed an executive order last week that imposes a near-total blockade on Venezuelan government assets in the U.S., which includes a blockade against food suppliers, among other basic goods. This is the first time in 30 years that Washington has taken such actions against a sovereign nation.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 13, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 12, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 11, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 10, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 8, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5923
- today: 2086
- online: 344
- total: 8530371