BAGHDAD, March 23 (Xinhua) -- Iraqi security forces on Monday continued clashes with the Islamic State (IS) militants in the country's western provinces of Anbar, while a car bomb struck the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, security sources said.
In Anbar province, security forces, backed by allied Shiite and Sunni militias and covered with Iraqi and U.S.-led aircraft, carried out an offensive against the IS positions in northwest of the militant-seized city of Fallujah, some 50 km west of Baghdad.
During the battles in northwest of Fallujah, a suicide bomber blew up an explosive-laden vehicle among the security forces. leaving four security members killed and four others wounded.
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Argentina: New Year, New Life?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4318
- today: 1935
- online: 205
- total: 4213217