Quito, April 21 (RHC)-- Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa toured the province of Esmeralda, located on the northwestern coast of Ecuador, to see first-hand the scope of the damages from the 7.8-magnitude earthquake that hit last Saturday, April 16th.
Correa walked the streets and talked with victims of the quake, assuring them that his government will do everything possible to help rebuild their homes and re-construct their lives.
There have been 570 deaths, and the number may still rise as the search and rescue operations continue. Official sources also report 5,733 injured and 163 people still missing. So far, an estimated 20,000 people need shelter.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 2110
- online: 125
- total: 5858220