Havana, August 23 (RHC)— President Raul Castro met Monday in Havana with visiting Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Raul and Zarif addressed the state of bilateral relations, which were described as positive, and agreed they could be further expanded in areas like the economy, trade, finances and cooperation.
Zarif had met earlier with Cuban Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas and with Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez.
Havana was the first leg of a six-nation Latin American tour of the Iranian foreign minister, aimed at strengthening Teheran's economic cooperation with the region.
The top Iranian diplomat traveled accompanied by a delegation of more than 60 members, including government and business representatives.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 3183
- online: 119
- total: 5262711