Havana, September 13 (RHC)-- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani will travel to Cuba for an official visit, after attending this week's Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Venezuela, an Iranian official announced.
Parviz Esmaili, Deputy for Communications and Information at the president's office, said on Monday that President Rouhani will travel to Havana at the formal invitation of his Cuban counterpart Raul Castro.
“During his stay, President Rouhani will meet with President Raúl Castro and with Revolution leader Fidel Castro, while high-ranking delegations from the two countries are expected to hold negotiations and sign multiple cooperation agreements,” Esmaili added.
From Cuba, Rouhani will head to New York for a two-day visit to attend the 71st Regular Session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1403
- online: 130
- total: 5648483