Independent UN Expert Virginia Dandan
Havana, July 11 (RHC) -- Virginia Dandan, an independent UN expert on human rights and international solidarity, began a visit to Cuba this Tuesday, meeting with representatives of the island's civil society.
Dandan was invited by Cuban authorities and is scheduled to also meet the deputy ministers for Education and Higher Education, among other officials. The visiting UN specialist will tour as well the National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation.
A Cuban Foreign Ministry communique says the visit by Virginia Dandan will allow the expert to see first hand the work Cuba conducts in matters like solidarity and international cooperation, as well as its contribution to the promotion and protection of collective human rights at a global level.
Virginia Dandan has extensive experience in the teaching of fine arts and works at the University of the Philippines, her home country. Dandan chaired the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and is recognized as an international expert on those matters.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 3, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5611
- today: 6359
- online: 174
- total: 8457149