Cuban Hero Fernando González
Milan, October 30 (RHC)-- Cuban Hero Fernando González, President of the Havana-based Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP)concluded a work visit to Italy, during which he participated as a guest in the 12th meeting of Cubans Residing in Europe, held October 21st and 22nd in the Italian city of Milan.
González -- one of the five Cuban anti-terrorists who spent long, unfair terms in U.S. prisons -- thanked the more than 160 delegates from 20 nations at the solidarity meeting for their support for the Cuban Five's cause.
The ICAP president also acknowledged the efforts by Cubans residing in Europe in defense of Cuba's national sovereignty, independence and against Washington's continued aggressions. He said: 'You're the living example that it does not matter where you live as long as you carry your homeland with you, in your hearts.'
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 11006
- online: 276
- total: 7103719