Cuban deputy foreign minister, Abelardo Moreno. File Photo
Havana, September 6 (RHC)-- Deputy Foreign Minister Abelardo Moreno denounced the attempts of the United States to use the UN Security Council to attack Nicaragua and ratified Cuba's rejection of that type of position.
In statements to the multinational TV network Telesur, the Cuban deputy foreign Minister rejected the manipulation of procedures by the US delegation, by imposing an analysis of the situation in Nicaragua during the first official meeting after assuming the monthly chairmanship of the Security Council during September.
The Cuban diplomat explained that the US Permanent Representative to the UN, Nikki Haley, called for the adoption of measures against the Central American country, as well as continuation of the unconventional war her country currently wages against Venezuela in statements which Moreno described as interventionist and disrespectful.
The Cuban vice-minister described the insults that Ambassador Haley vented against Nicaraguan president Daniel Ortega, as a violation of all international practices.
Moreno considered an insult to the Nicaraguan people that Washington convened the Organization of American States --the loyal ally of the US in the worst causes in the region, to brief the Security Council on t the situation in Nicaragua.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 242
- online: 79
- total: 5862015