Cuban deputy foreign minister, Abelardo Moreno. File Photo
Havana, September 6 (RHC)-- Deputy Foreign Minister Abelardo Moreno denounced the attempts of the United States to use the UN Security Council to attack Nicaragua and ratified Cuba's rejection of that type of position.
In statements to the multinational TV network Telesur, the Cuban deputy foreign Minister rejected the manipulation of procedures by the US delegation, by imposing an analysis of the situation in Nicaragua during the first official meeting after assuming the monthly chairmanship of the Security Council during September.
The Cuban diplomat explained that the US Permanent Representative to the UN, Nikki Haley, called for the adoption of measures against the Central American country, as well as continuation of the unconventional war her country currently wages against Venezuela in statements which Moreno described as interventionist and disrespectful.
The Cuban vice-minister described the insults that Ambassador Haley vented against Nicaraguan president Daniel Ortega, as a violation of all international practices.
Moreno considered an insult to the Nicaraguan people that Washington convened the Organization of American States --the loyal ally of the US in the worst causes in the region, to brief the Security Council on t the situation in Nicaragua.
- Communist Party leader Raúl Castro welcomes President Miguel Díaz-Canel upon his return from international tour
- First group of doctors withdrawn from Brazil arrives in Havana
- RHC's Segment on Literature 'From The Bookshelf'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- President Díaz-Canel learns in London of British interest in strengthening ties with Cuba
- Faced with unacceptable conditions, Cuba decides to withdraw from Brazilian health care program
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2911
- online: 122
- total: 5336409