Havana, December 18 (RHC)-- Cuban lawmakers received Tuesday the new version of the Draft Constitution of the Republic, after it was submitted to a popular consultation that elicited the participation of millions of citizens from all walks of life.
Ines Maria Chapman, Vice President of the Councils of State and Minister, told Prensa Latina news agency that, based on the proposals received from the consultation, 50% of the document underwent changes, in a demonstration of the democratic character of the process.
In July, the National Assembly of People's Power approved the initial draft and called for a consultation, in which almost nine million Cubans participated in 133,000 meetings held in neighborhoods and work and study centers. Cubans residing abroad were also asked to pitch in their views on the draft.
On Friday, the 605 deputies of the National Assembly will hold the second ordinary session of its 9th Legislature, that will have the responsibility of giving the final approval of the Draft Constitution before its submitted to a national referendum early next year.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3004
- online: 137
- total: 6634751