Havana, Mar 14, (RHC), – The Cuban Parliament expressed its solidarity with Venezuela by condemning Washington´ action to call the South American nation a threat to US national security, which the Cuban legislative body described as a serious, arbitrary and aggressive US decision.
A letter addressed by Parliament President Esteban Lazo to his Venezuelan counterpart Diosdado Cabello stresses “…the unquenchable solidarity” with the South American nation in the face of Washington´s attitude.
Cuban deputies, who honor the principles of the UN Charter and International Law, strongly condemn this new action, which adds to unfair sanctions imposed on Venezuela as part of the economic and media war aimed at its destabilization, the letter reads.
The Cuban Parliament president recalled that Venezuela is a sovereign state and has full right to take all on-time measures in defense of its independence in the face of interference-oriented actions by US government and congressional authorities.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 1230
- online: 121
- total: 6771786