Havana, Aug 22, (RHC), – The number of Cubans with access to the Internet surpassed 3 million in 2014, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics and Information.
In a report posted on its Web site, the bureau said the quantity of computers in private hands rose last year to more than 1 million and that 533,000 of those units were connected to the Web. Public Wi-Fi is also available at 35 spots across the island and fees have been reduced for a domestic email service accessible from cellphones.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11605
- today: 9227
- online: 197
- total: 6997003