Havana, Aug 22, (RHC), – The number of Cubans with access to the Internet surpassed 3 million in 2014, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics and Information.
In a report posted on its Web site, the bureau said the quantity of computers in private hands rose last year to more than 1 million and that 533,000 of those units were connected to the Web. Public Wi-Fi is also available at 35 spots across the island and fees have been reduced for a domestic email service accessible from cellphones.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4002
- today: 3161
- online: 134
- total: 6387182