Havana, Aug 22, (RHC), – The number of Cubans with access to the Internet surpassed 3 million in 2014, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics and Information.
In a report posted on its Web site, the bureau said the quantity of computers in private hands rose last year to more than 1 million and that 533,000 of those units were connected to the Web. Public Wi-Fi is also available at 35 spots across the island and fees have been reduced for a domestic email service accessible from cellphones.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3585
- online: 151
- total: 6626476