Lima, October 15 (RHC)-- Cuban Hero Fernando Gonzalez wrapped up an intense visit to Peru on Wednesday, during which he met with social, intellectual and political leaders who share solidarity bonds with Cuba.
Fernando's Peruvian visit ended with an honor he received at the Congress in Lima, the Peruvian capital. On hand were Cuban Ambassador to Peru, Juana Martinez, and her colleagues from Nicaragua, Marcela Perez Silva, and Venezuela, Diego Molero. Isaac Humala and Olga Tasso, the parents of Peruvian President Ollanta Humala, also attended the ceremony at the Congress.
From Lima, Fernando Gonzalez flew to Chile -- the next stop of his current tour of Latin American countries.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1959
- online: 195
- total: 6653024