Santiago de Chile, October 17 (RHC)-- The 23rd Solidarity with Cuba Conference in Chile began sessions Friday with a special tribute to anti-terrorist fighter and Hero of the Republic of Cuba Fernando González, who is participating as a special guest.
Addressing those present, González, the current vice president of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), stressed that during the years that he and his four other compatriots spent in US jails, international solidarity along with the strong and unconditional support of the Cuban people and government, gave them strength to resist firm despite the cruel jail conditions.
Fernando González asked Cuba friends in Chile to maintain their activism and step up solidarity actions with Cuba and with other regional countries and peoples against attempts to destabilize constitutionally elected governments
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 3541
- online: 132
- total: 6774097