Santiago de Chile, October 17 (RHC)-- The 23rd Solidarity with Cuba Conference in Chile began sessions Friday with a special tribute to anti-terrorist fighter and Hero of the Republic of Cuba Fernando González, who is participating as a special guest.
Addressing those present, González, the current vice president of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), stressed that during the years that he and his four other compatriots spent in US jails, international solidarity along with the strong and unconditional support of the Cuban people and government, gave them strength to resist firm despite the cruel jail conditions.
Fernando González asked Cuba friends in Chile to maintain their activism and step up solidarity actions with Cuba and with other regional countries and peoples against attempts to destabilize constitutionally elected governments
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 3835
- online: 721
- total: 7056437