Fidel Castro during Communist Party Congress
Havana, April 19 (RHC)—The historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, attended the closing Tuesday of the 7th Congress of the Communist Party of Cuba, in which nearly 1,000 delegates and 280 guests participated.
Speaking during the closing plenary session, Fidel addressed the Congress and said this would probably be his last address from that stage. Looking energetic and speaking in a clear voice, the 89-year-old leader of the Cuban Revolution expressed his support for the direction of Cuban society and his confidence that Cuba will resist and overcome all obstacles and challenges.
The closing of the most important event of Cuban Communists, headed by the First Secretary of that organization, Raul Castro, followed the election at the end of the day yesterday of a new Central Committee, and coincided with the 55th anniversary of Cuba’s historic victory at the Bay of Pigs, or Playa Giron.
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2914
- today: 26
- online: 26
- total: 6364593