Preliminary data provided by the Department of Medical Records and Health Statistics indicate that in the year just ended, 109,707 children were born in Cuba, with an infant mortality rate of 5 deaths per 1,000 live births.
Dr. Noemí Causa Palma, director of medical care at the Ministry of Public Health, explained to Granma that on a global scale, the island continues to be among the 35 countries with the lowest infant mortality rate and among the first in the region.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 23
- Soberon says upcoming Havana conference is a step forward toward strengthening Cuba's links with its nationals abroad
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #23
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 10063
- online: 153
- total: 7062665