Young Cuban ballerina, Viengsay Valdés, will again make headlines at the International Book Fair, Cuba 2014, as her biography is set to be launched at the arts gathering.
Valdés tells her memories in the book De Acero y Nube (Of Steel and Cloud) published by Ruth Publishing House. Its author, Carlos Tablada, extensively reviews the Cuban National Ballet Company premier dancer's career from her times as a ballet student up to some of her most recent tours abroad and performances in Cuba.
The book’s pages include testimony by Cuban cultural celebrities, such as Cuban Prima Ballerina Assoluta and ballet legend, Alicia Alonso, and Cuban Writers and Artists Association President, writer Miguel Barnet. De Acero y Nube (Of Steel and Cloud) will be launched as an e-book at the fair and its hard cover version will be published in October, when Ruth Publishing House will be celebrating its first year.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Ben & Jerry’s founder says Unilever violating deal over Israel sale
- At least two killed after 6.8 magnitude earthquake rattles Mexico on Thursday
- Tropical Storm Ian advances through the Caribbean, threatening Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba
- Cambodian prime minister arrives in Cuba on official visit
- Bahamas, Grenada, and St. Vincent and Grenadines against the blockade of Cuba