Neyda Izquierdo and Nelson Ponce were presented with the Cuban Book Editing and Design Awards for 2013 at the 23rd International Book Fair, Cuba 2014, currently underway in Havana.
Cuban Culture Minister, Rafael Bernal, presented the awards at a ceremony held at the Nicolás Guillén Hall in La Cabaña Fortress, the event’s main venue, where cultural authorities, designers, editors, relatives and friends met to celebrate.
Neyda Izquierdo was awarded the coveted prize in recognition of her active work in the teaching and promotion of scientific and technical texts, as well as her outstanding contribution to Cuba’s publishing world for more than 40 years. Meanwhile, Nelson Ponce, has stood out in the visual arts area over the past years, including actions such as the poster of the famous Cuban animated film Vampiros en La Habana (Vampires in Havana) by director, Juan Padrón.
Both prizes, created in 1998, are granted to personalities with an outstanding work in the exercise of their profession, with which they’ve given glory to the island’s literature in particular and to Cuban culture in general.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- U.S. sets up refinery in Syria’s Hasakah to increase country's oil theft
- U.S.-Cuba solidarity activist Alicia Jrapko dies at 69
- Chilean electoral tribunal proclaims Gabriel Boric as president
- New Nicaraguan Ambassador to Cuba presents style copies
- Cuba updates sanitary protocol given Omicron variant's advance